Attorney Profiles: Carolyn McGuire
Carolyn M. McGuire is currently a litigator practicing in the areas of employment and labor law, local government law, Veterans law, and general business and commercial litigation.
- Asbestos litigation
- Business litigation
- Construction law
- Employment and Labor Law
- Local Government Law
- Telecommunications (Lanham Act)
- Veteran’s Law
Ms. McGuire joined us in 2010, after having practiced at New Jersey’s most venerable, top-tier large firms, where her practice focused on general, complex and commercial litigation, construction litigation, and telecommunications for a major carrier. She handled, along with a team of attorneys, Lanham Act telecommunications cases filed in the D.C. Court of Federal Claims.
Ms. McGuire also practiced in the area of construction law, first with a team of attorneys on a complex, large-scale asbestos remediation case on behalf of a major insurance company with property holdings throughout the United States, where she traveled throughout the country taking depositions and conducting expert discovery, and later on general construction cases.
In 2000, Ms. McGuire married and now has two children. In 2004, she began working part-time for local government firms, handling litigations on behalf of New Jersey municipalities and appearing at local board meetings. She also handled the renegotiation of a cable contract for a New Jersey municipality.
In 2010, Ms. McGuire joined the firm of founding partner Joseph J. Bell, Esq., where she now practices local government law, labor and employment law, veterans law, ADR/mediation and general, complex and commercial litigation. She has Appellate experience, including handling appeals for local government entities (e.g. Suburban Disposal, Inc. v. Borough of Chatham, A-1482-10T4 (N.J. Super. App. Div. 2011) (Unpublished)(bid dispute); Worts v. Dittmar, et al., A-4625-06T2 (N.J. Super. App. Div. 2009)(Unpublished)(zoning and planning, road dispute)).
She currently works as a Senior Attorney handling local government law and business litigation, can handle veterans affairs and disability appeals for veterans of all branches of the United States Armed Forces, in any State, before the Veteran’s Affairs Board. Ms. McGuire has also mediated employment disputes involving the Army and the Navy, for both veterans and civilians.
In her free time, Mrs. McGuire also sits on the Board of the Joey Bella Memorial Fund, Inc. (2007 thru 2018), a catastrophic illness fund serving children and their families.
- Bell & Shivas, PC, Rockaway, New Jersey 2010 - present Attorney, Local Government Law, General and Complex Litigation, Employment Law
- Per Diem Attorney-Local Government Law: Dorsey & Semrau, LLC Boonton, New Jersey 2007-2010 Jansen & DeBona, LLC 2004-2010
- New Jersey Top Tier/Large Firm Practice: Lowenstein, Sandler, PC, Roseland, Sr. Associate, Commercial Litigation Construction Litigation – November 2000 – December 2001
- Sills Cummis Radin Tischman Epstein & Gross, PA Mid-level Associate Commercial Litigation July 1999 – November 2000
- Ravin, Sarasohn, Cook, Baumgarten, et. al.(dissolved) – Junior Associate Commercial Litigation June 1997 to July 1999
- Riker, Danzig, Scherer, Hyland and Perretti, Summer Associate 1993, Permanent Hire, Associate, June 1994 to December 1996
- Exxon Company, USA, Florham Park, Law Clerk, October 1993 to August 1994
- Intern for the Honorable John W. Bissell, United States District Court, New Jersey
- Intern (rotating) for Superior Court, Somerset County, New Jersey
- Full-time paralegal, Riker Danzig
- Intern for President of Drew University – Public Administration
- Justice Garibaldi Inn of Court
- Past VP and President and current Board Member, Joey Bella Memorial Fund, Inc., Denville, NJ since 2007
- Awarded Knights of Columbus New Jersey State Council’s Family of the Year, 2007
- First law clerk in the history of Exxon Company, U.S.A., Florham Park, NJ (1993-1994)
- Intern, Hon. John W. Bissell, United States District Court, New Jersey (Seton Hall Law School)
- Summer Intern, (rotating judges), Somerset County, Superior Court of New Jersey (Seton Hall Law School)
- Legal Research and Writing Instructor (Seton Hall Law School)
- Paid Intern, Public Administration, Drew University (1988-1989)
- Justice Garibaldi Inn of Court, Morristown, NJ
Email Carolyn McGuire at email@example.com
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
- Knox College, Cum Laude, B.A. English, 1988
- Albert Ludwig’s Universitate, Freiburg, Studies Abroad, W. Germany
- New Jersey State and Federal Bars
- District of Columbia Court of Federal Claims
- Accredited Veteran’s Law Attorney