Attorney Profiles: Paula Ortega
Paula Ortega joined Bell & Shivas, P.C. as an associate in 2012. Ms. Ortega also serves as Assistant County Counsel for Warren County. She is a general practice attorney with a focus in the area of family law.
Ms. Ortega also interned at the Federal Public Defender’s Office, Newark, New Jersey.
- Custody and Parenting time and Child Support
- Alimony and Termination of Alimony
- Removal, Restraining Orders
- Personal Injury
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate
- Sale of Business
- Commercial Leases
- Municipal and County Government
- Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Estate Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Environmental Litigation
New Jersey State Bar Association, Family Law Section.
- Settled several personal injury matters in slip and fall and automobile cases ranging from $ 25,000 to $ 1.1 million
- Handled Sale of Businesses ranging from $ 250,000.00 to over $ 3,000,000.00
- Settled palimony matter for over $ 300,000.00
- Achieved award in contested alimony termination matter resulting in a credit to ex-husband payor of over $ 30,000.00
- Ms. Ortega obtained a reversal of a Trial Court’s Denial of a Restraining Order in the following matter: O'Brien v. O'Brien, No. A-0905-08T2, 2009 WL 2567976, at *1 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. Aug. 21, 2009).
Email Paula Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org
- King’s College, Criminal Justice B.A. (1989), magna cum laude
- Seton Hall University School of Law, Juris Doctor (1992), Member of the Moot Court Board
- New Jersey (1994)
- Pennsylvania (1994)
- Virginia (1993)
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey (1994)
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit (2014)
- United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (1993)
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (2016)